Quercus buckleyi 'Dazzling Red'
(Texas Red Oak) A spectacular tree native to Texas, Quercus buckleyi 'Dazzling Red' has deeply divided, glossy green leaves which turn glowing shades of red in autumn before falling.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A spectacular tree native to Texas, Quercus buckleyi 'Dazzling Red' has deeply divided, glossy green leaves which turn glowing shades of red in autumn before falling.
In the UK, Quercus buckleyi 'Dazzling Red' is reasonably hardy but usually requires a hot position to ripen the new growth and a dry, well drained soil with some shelter from the wind to thrive. Water logging or sitting wet over winter in a cold, exposed position would not be suitable.
- Position: Hot in full sun
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Quercus buckleyi 'Dazzling Red' is tolerant of thin, limey soils but the autumn colour is likely to be less good is such a situation..
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Quercus buckleyi 'Dazzling Red' grows to be a small or sometimes medium sized tree in the UK.
- Height: estimated 8 - 12 m (26 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Rare and Unusual, Leaf Shape - Unusual