Quercus rubra 'Aurea'
(Golden-leaved Oak) Quercus rubra 'Aurea' is a striking, medium sized tree that is grown for its beautiful large golden leaves in spring.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
This is a striking, medium sized tree that is grown for its beautiful large golden leaves in spring. The young foliage of Quercus rubra 'Aurea' is a superb, clear golden-yellow that lasts for several months, before turning pale green in late summer and showing orange and red autumn tints.
Quercus rubra 'Aurea' is suitable for larger gardens and woodland areas and when established will be a bright contribution to the landscape, that looks especially good against a dark backdrop.
- Position: Ideally, light, dappled shade to prevent sun scorch.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour of Quercus rubra 'Aurea' is somewhat dependant upon the soil pH and the foliage will produce a better, stronger autumn colour in more acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Quercus rubra 'Aurea'' requires shelter from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized tree with a branching rounded crown.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
- On sale!
- On sale!