(Willow-leaved Oak) Native to parts of the USA, Quercus phellos is an elegant tree with narrow, pale green, willow-like leaves which turn shades of yellow and orange in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to parts of the USA, Quercus phellos is an elegant tree with narrow, pale green, willow-like leaves which turn shades of yellow and orange in autumn. This tree enjoys the climate in the U.K. and grows quickly into a majestic large tree!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Quercus phellos grows well in damp soils or dry conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Large tree, pyramidal when young with a rounded crown once mature.
- Height: up to 20 m (65 ft)
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft)
- Notes: Quercus phellos is generally considered to be a tough tree which can tolerate most soil conditions, including dry soils, wet soils or compacted soils.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Autumn Colour
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £28.00