Quercus petraea 'Purpurea'
(Purple-leaved Sessile Oak) A rare cultivar, Quercus petraea 'Purpurea' grows to be a medium sized tree with striking, large deep purple leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare cultivar, Quercus petraea 'Purpurea' grows to be a medium sized tree with striking, large deep purple leaves. The dark foliage colour makes this an attractive specimen tree throughout the summer and a lovely addition to gardens and woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil. Quercus petraea 'Purpurea' grows well in acid or lime free soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: This plant is slow growing and will take many years to reach the above height.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £47.50New Price Each £17.95New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £35.00