(Pin Oak) A handsome large tree native to eastern North America, Quercus palustris has gracefully drooping, slender branches covered with shiny green leaves which turn vivid shades of orange and red in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome large tree native to eastern North America, Quercus palustris has gracefully drooping, slender branches covered with shiny green leaves which turn vivid shades of orange and red in autumn. This autumn colour can be variable and some trees can turn glowing orange and bronze while others are plum purple and deep red.
Popular as a garden for casting shade or woodland planting!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil. Quercus palustris grows well in most areas but will produce its most vivid autumn colour in lime free or acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Quercus palustris grows to be a large tree, pyramidal when young with a more rounded crown once mature.
- Height: 21 m (70 ft)
- Spread: 13 m (42 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00Regular price £28.00 -10% New Price Each £25.20
New Price Each £35.00Regular price £15.00 -10% New Price Each £13.50
- On sale!
New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £15.00
- On sale!