- Sold Out
Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire'
(Chestnut-leaved Oak) Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' is a vigorous, medium sized or tall tree once established with handsome, dark green sweet chestnut-like leaves.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A vigorous oak tree native to Iran and southern Russia, Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' has deep green, sweet chestnut-like leaves which turn bronze in autumn. It also has interesting, prickly acorns up to 2 - 3 cm across, even on quite young plants.
Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' has been selected for its columnar growing habit and makes and grows to be a handsome large, upright tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous
- Habit: Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' grows to be a large, columnar, upright tree.
- Height: 18 m (60 ft)
- Spread: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large, Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Unusual Shape