Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire'
(Chestnut-leaved Oak) Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' is a vigorous, medium sized or tall tree once established with handsome, dark green sweet chestnut-like leaves.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A vigorous oak tree native to Iran and southern Russia, Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' has deep green, sweet chestnut-like leaves which turn bronze in autumn. It also has interesting, prickly acorns up to 2 - 3 cm across, even on quite young plants.
Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' has been selected for its columnar growing habit and makes and grows to be a handsome large, upright tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous
- Habit: Quercus castaneifolia 'Green Spire' grows to be a large, columnar, upright tree.
- Height: 18 m (60 ft)
- Spread: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Shape - Unusual