An evergreen oak native to Cyprus, Quercus alnifolia has glossy, dark green leaves and the common name, 'Golden Oak', refers to the golden-yellow tomentose (short, matted hairs) on the leaf undersides.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale. The young specimens currently available are grafted.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An evergreen oak native to Cyprus, Quercus alnifolia has glossy, dark green leaves and the common name, 'Golden Oak', refers to the golden-yellow tomentose (short, matted hairs) on the leaf undersides. The photos show the underside of several leaves compared to a single leaf with the upper side visible as a comparison. A very small and shrubby tree, this oak will also produce ornamental, narrow acorns once established.
- Position: Sheltered area in full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Quercus alnifolia requires protection from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Eventually a small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Rare and Unusual, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00Regular price £9.95 -5% New Price Each £9.45
Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
- On sale!
New Price Each £50.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £60.00
- On sale!