(Cork Oak) Quercus suber is an evergreen tree with eye-catching bark which is native to parts of south west Europe and north west Africa.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An evergreen tree with eye-catching bark which is native to parts of south west Europe and north west Africa. Quercus suber has dark green, glossy leaves and develops fantastic, corky bark which over time develops considerable thickness and in countries such as Spain and Portugal is harvested for use as corks in the wine industry.
Quercus suber grows to be a handsome garden tree but requires a warm position and shelter from cold winds!
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Enjoys dry conditions and dislikes wet soil!
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Quercus suber grows best in warm parts of the U.K., with enough summer heat to ripen the new growth fully.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized tree with a branching rounded crown.
- Height: up to 10 - 15 m (32 - 50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Quercus suber can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also likeNew Price Each £25.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £16.95
New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £18.95