(Scarlet Oak) Native to North America, Quercus coccinea is a majestic, vigorous large tree with excellent autumn colour once established.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to North America, Quercus coccinea is a majestic, vigorous large tree with excellent autumn colour once established. The leaves are glossy dark green and deeply lobed, turning shades of orange or scarlet red in autumn before falling.
Handsome specimen tree ideal for larger gardens or woodland areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour of Quercus coccinea is somewhat dependent upon the soil pH and the foliage will produce a better, stronger autumn colour in more acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Quercus coccinea grows to be a large tree with a narrow crown once established.
- Height: 25 m (82 ft)
- Spread: 12 m (40 ft)
- Notes: Quercus coccinea makes a dramatic landscape tree. The autumn colour of these seed grown oaks is generally very good but can vary from plant to plant, with some having dark red autumn colour, while others turn scarlet or orange.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Autumn Colour
You might also likeNew Price Each £14.95
New Price Each £60.00
New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £18.95New Price Each £45.00