Magnolia grandiflora 'Exmouth'
(Evergreen Magnolia) A handsome large evergreen shrub or eventually small tree with glossy green leaves and impressive, scented creamy-white flowers in summer once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome large evergreen shrub or eventually small tree with glossy green leaves and impressive, scented creamy-white flowers in summer once established. The underside of the leaves is covered with a light brown felt.
Best flower display if planted in a sunny position with shelter from strong winds. Avoid, cold exposed areas.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Magnolia grandiflora 'Exmouth' requires shelter from cold winds and can have bronzed or slightly scorched leaves after very cold weather when young. Easier to grow well in warm, sheltered gardens.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia grandiflora 'Exmouth' grows to be a large upright shrub or eventually small tree, possibly slightly larger in very mild areas.
- Height: 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft).
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented