Magnolia x soulangeana 'Lennei'
Magnolia x soulangeana 'Lennei' is a spectacular small tree with huge, goblet shaped flowers which are deep pink on the outside of the petals, white on the inside.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Spectacular form of Magnolia with distinctive, huge, goblet shaped flowers which are deep pink on the outside of the petals, fading to white on the inside. The leaves are large and bronze/green when young, turning dark green in the summer.
Magnolia x soulangeana 'Lennei' is a small, spreading garden tree with a magnificent display of large flowers in spring once established
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Pink and white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x soulangeana 'Lennei' grows to be a small branching tree with a somewhat rounded crown once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) / [up to 3 m (10 ft) in ten years]
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft) / [2.5 m (8 ft) in ten years]
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, Magnolia x soulangeana 'Lennei' is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like