Magnolia denudata 'Fragrant Cloud'
(Yulan Lily) A beautiful large shrub or eventually small branching tree, Magnolia denudata 'Fragrant Cloud' has lovely tulip-shaped scented, pale pink and white flowers (darker pink at base).
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A beautiful large shrub or eventually small branching tree, Magnolia denudata 'Fragrant Cloud' has lovely tulip-shaped scented, pale pink and white flowers (darker pink at base). The flowers are sensational and a welcome presence in spring!. The leaves which follow these are attractive in their own right and mid green.
Best flower display in sun or light, dappled shade in a west facing position. Requires shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Magnolia denudata 'Fragrant Cloud' will establish itself better in a warm, sheltered garden.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large shrub or eventually small, rounded branching tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Notes: Although hardy, Magnolia denudata is best planted in an area that does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Rare and Unusual, Scented