(Evergreen Magnolia) Unusual in the UK, Magnolia compressa is native to parts of Eastern Asia and is evergreen with dainty white, lightly scented flowers in late spring or early summer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
Unusual in the UK, Magnolia compressa is native to parts of Eastern Asia and is evergreen with dainty creamy to white, lightly scented flowers in late spring or early summer. The leaves are mid green in colour.
May suffer some bruising to the dark green leaves or loose them completely in exceptionally cold winters. Most suited to a warm, sunny position sheltered from strong wind. Not good in cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade. Most suitable for a warm, south or west facing wall or fence.
- Soil: Moist, lime-free soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy but shelter from cold wind.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia compressa grows to be a tall shrub or eventually a reasonably densely branching small tree in warm areas.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5m - 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Evergreen, Rare and Unusual, Flowers in Summer