(Evergreen Magnolia) Unusual in the UK, Magnolia compressa is native to parts of Eastern Asia and is evergreen with dainty white, lightly scented flowers in late spring or early summer.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Unusual in the UK, Magnolia compressa is native to parts of Eastern Asia and is evergreen with dainty creamy to white, lightly scented flowers in late spring or early summer. The leaves are mid green in colour.
May suffer some bruising to the dark green leaves or loose them completely in exceptionally cold winters. Most suited to a warm, sunny position sheltered from strong wind. Not good in cold, exposed areas.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade. Most suitable for a warm, south or west facing wall or fence.
- Soil: Moist, lime-free soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy but shelter from cold wind.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia compressa grows to be a tall shrub or eventually a reasonably densely branching small tree in warm areas.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5m - 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large, Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring, Evergreen, Rare and Unusual, Flowering in Summer