A fairly new introduction, Magnolia 'Shirazz' has eye-catching, tulip-shaped, burgundy-red flowers which appear in early spring.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A fairly new introduction, Magnolia 'Shirazz' has eye-catching, tulip-shaped, burgundy-red flowers which appear in early spring. The leaves are very dark green in colour.
Suitable for small gardens and a position in full sun or light, dappled shade. Planting in a west facing position will reduce the risk of damage to the flowers by late spring frost.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: March-April
- Flower Colour: Purple Red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: A large shrub in the short term or eventually small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: up to 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring