A fairly new introduction, Magnolia 'Shirazz' has eye-catching, tulip-shaped, burgundy-red flowers which appear in early spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A fairly new introduction, Magnolia 'Shirazz' has eye-catching, tulip-shaped, burgundy-red flowers which appear in early spring. The leaves are very dark green in colour.
Suitable for small gardens and a position in full sun or light, dappled shade. Planting in a west facing position will reduce the risk of damage to the flowers by late spring frost.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: March-April
- Flower Colour: Purple Red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: A large shrub in the short term or eventually small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: up to 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
- On sale!