(Evergreen Magnolia) A bold evergreen magnolia with eye-catching summer flowers once established, Magnolia grandiflora is ideal for being grown against sunny walls or fences.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A bold evergreen magnolia with eye-catching summer flowers, Magnolia grandiflora is ideal for being grown up sunny walls. Large, white, fragrant cup shaped flowers in mid to late summer. Long, glossy dark green leaves.
Magnolia grandiflora is most suitable for position sheltered from cold winter winds in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Magnolia grandiflora requires shelter from cold winds and can have bronzed or slightly scorched leaves after very cold weather when young.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia grandiflora grows to be a small rounded, branching tree in the Midlands, larger in warmer areas.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented, Screening/Hedge