Magnolia x 'Ricki'
Magnolia x 'Ricki' is a small selection of Magnolia with masses of narrow, purple-red flower bud which open to fragrant cup-shaped pink flowers in spring.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A delightful and relatively small selection of Magnolia with masses of narrow, purple-red flower bud which open to fragrant cup-shaped pink flowers in spring. This flowers as a young plant, usually after two or three years and the display only gets better as the plant ages.
Magnolia x 'Ricki' has a notably upright habit when young and does not grow particularly quickly and so therefore is an excellent choice of flowering shrub for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large shrub with an upright habit initially and rounded once mature.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Notes: This Magnolia can be grown well in a large container or pot if required. A specimen of Magnolia x 'Ricki', planted in the woodland garden surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 1.5 m and a spread of 0.75 m after 6 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), To grow in a pot
You might also like