(Californian Honeysuckle) An uncommon, shrubby honeysuckle native to the United States, Lonicera involucrata grows to be a medium sized shrub with masses of yellow flowers in summer followed by bright red bracts and shiny purple-black fruit.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An uncommon, shrubby honeysuckle native to the United States, Lonicera involucrata has masses of yellow flowers in summer followed by bright red bracts and shiny purple-black fruit.
These colourful fruit last well into autumn, making Lonicera involucrata a highly ornamental garden plant with good year round interest. Also is popular with insects and butterflies.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Yellow / orange
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera involucrata grows to be a rounded medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Lonicera involucrata can be pruned back hard if required to reduce the size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual, Screening/Hedge