(Californian Honeysuckle) An uncommon, shrubby honeysuckle native to the United States, Lonicera involucrata grows to be a medium sized shrub with masses of yellow flowers in summer followed by bright red bracts and shiny purple-black fruit.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An uncommon, shrubby honeysuckle native to the United States, Lonicera involucrata has masses of yellow flowers in summer followed by bright red bracts and shiny purple-black fruit.
These colourful fruit last well into autumn, making Lonicera involucrata a highly ornamental garden plant with good year round interest. Also is popular with insects and butterflies.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Yellow / orange
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera involucrata grows to be a rounded medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Lonicera involucrata can be pruned back hard if required to reduce the size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual, Screening/Hedge
You might also likeNew Price Each £15.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95