Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet'
(Sweetspire) An unusual semi-evergreen shrub native to North America with dark green summer leaves, arching branches and long racemes of fragrant white flowers in early summer.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
An unusual semi-evergreen shrub native to North America with dark green summer leaves, arching branches and long racemes of fragrant white flowers in early summer. These flowers are very popular with insects including bees and butterflies. Will retain some leaves over winter if very mild but otherwise develops purple and red autumn colour in autumn or after a cold spell of winter weather.
Best flower display in a position with plenty of sun with shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, neutral to acid, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet' appreciates shelter from strong winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small initially or eventually a medium sized, rounded shrub with arching branches..
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Honey Fungus Resistant, Scented, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!