Acer palmatum 'Butterfly'
(Japanese Maple) A dainty maple with eye-catching spring foliage, Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' has fine, light green leaves edged with attractive pink and white variegation.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A dainty maple with eye-catching spring foliage, Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' has fine, light green leaves edged with attractive pink and white variegation. The leaves turn shades of orange and red before falling in the autumn time.
Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' is fairly slow growing and grows best in a position with light, dappled or partial shade, as the delicate variegated leaves can scorch in the summer time if planted in full sun.
- Position: Light dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Butterfly' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft). [1.5 m after 10 years]
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft). [1.5 m after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Foliage - Variegated, Suitable for Containers