Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens'
(Yellow-leaved English Holly) A striking holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' has dark green leaves suffused with canary-yellow and golden variegation.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A striking holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' has dark green leaves suffused with canary-yellow and golden variegation. In this winter time the leaves can also be tinged plum purple after a frost although they revert back to their standard colour later in the year.
Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' is a female holly and when established can bear red berries in late autumn / winter.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Large shrub with a densely branching, cone-like habit once established.
- Height: 4.5 m (15 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' is a female form, and requires a nearby male holly to fruit well.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot, Screening/Hedge