Fagus sylvatica 'Calista'
(Compact Fastigiate Beech) New to us, Fagus sylvatica 'Calista' is a slow growing, compact, narrow beech with glossy green summer leaves.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
New to us, Fagus sylvatica 'Calista' is a slow growing, compact, narrow beech with glossy green summer leaves. The narrow habit and slow growth rate makes this selection very suitable for small gardens or areas with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow .
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Calista' grows to be a very small, narrow tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft) / up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft) / up to 0.3 - 0.6 m (1 - 2 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like