Fagus orientalis 'Iskander'
Rare selection of oriental beech with a very slim, fastigiate habit and attractive, rounded fresh-green leaves which turn a striking, butter-yellow in a good crisp autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Rare selection of oriental beech with a very slim, fastigiate habit and attractive, rounded fresh-green leaves which turn a striking, butter-yellow in a good crisp autumn. The dead leaves hold for a long time on the tree before blowing away.
The very narrow nature makes Fagus orientalis 'Iskander' a superb tree for formal planting or avenues and a suitable choice for gardens with limited available space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Fagus orientalis 'Iskander' dislikes and will not grow well in very wet or water logged soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, narrow, upright tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Fagus orientalis 'Iskander' will keep its tight, upright shape without the need for pruning.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow
You might also like