Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk'
Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' is a handsome slender, medium sized tree with dense, upright branches and dark purple summer leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Purple Fastigiate Beech) Tall, slender selection of copper beech with feathery purple foliage, Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' is similar to Fagus 'Dawyck Purple', except it is smaller, with a more narrow habit. The leaves have a noticeable serrated edge.
Also the lammas (secondary) flush of growth in midsummer is plum purple and contrasts beautifully with the older, darker leaves. Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' is a reliable, narrow and colourful garden tree!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' grows to be a medium sized, slender, upright tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Habit - Narrow
You might also like