Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk'
Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' is a handsome slender, medium sized tree with dense, upright branches and dark purple summer leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
(Purple Fastigiate Beech) Tall, slender selection of copper beech with feathery purple foliage, Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' is similar to Fagus 'Dawyck Purple', except it is smaller, with a more narrow habit. The leaves have a noticeable serrated edge.
Also the lammas (secondary) flush of growth in midsummer is plum purple and contrasts beautifully with the older, darker leaves. Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' is a reliable, narrow and colourful garden tree!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Red Obelisk' grows to be a medium sized, slender, upright tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like