Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen'
(Japanese Maple) A slow growing medium to large shrub, Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen' has spreading, arching branches and deeply cut, dark purple summer leaves with good autumn colour.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A lovely slow growing large shrub or eventually small tree, Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen' has arching branches and burgundy red summer leaves which turn crimson and orange before falling in autumn.
The rounded habit makes this Acer particularly suitable for growing in a large tub or container and eye-catching when planted as part of a low border or next to a small stream or pond.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen' grows to be a large, elegant shrub in many years.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) / up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 4 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft) / up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like