Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom'
(Japanese Maple) Handsome and distinctive, Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' grows with a slender, upright habit when young, with deeply cut maroon-red summer leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Handsome and distinctive, Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' grows with a slender, upright habit when young, with deeply cut maroon-red summer leaves. These leaves turn lovely shades of bright red or orange in autumn before falling.
Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' is lovely maple. The narrow habit makes it very suitable for gardens with limited space and it can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, neutral or slightly acid, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Skeeter's Broom' is narrow and upright when young, spreading a little once mature and grows to be a medium to large branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (4 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow, Suitable for Containers, Autumn Colour, Foliage - Purple/Red