Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'
(Snakeroot) Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' is an eye-catching clump forming perennial with upright stems topped with heads of dainty white flowers in summer and large bronzy-chocolate spring and summer leaves, turning dark purple-green as they age.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' is an eye-catching clump forming perennial with upright stems topped with heads of dainty white flowers in summer and large bronzy-chocolate spring and summer leaves. The flowers are very popular with butterflies and other native insects.
The handsome dark leaves make this plant spectacular when used as a back drop in flowering borders.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized to tall, clump forming, upright perennial.
- Height: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: An excellent, tough, late flowering plant for enticing insects, bees and butterflies into the garden. This plant is later into leaf and will not usually start to grow until approx late April or occasionally early May in cold winters.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowering in Autumn, Foliage - Purple/Red
- On sale!
- On sale!