Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'
(Snakeroot) Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' is an eye-catching clump forming perennial with upright stems topped with heads of dainty white flowers in summer and large bronzy-chocolate spring and summer leaves, turning dark purple-green as they age.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' is an eye-catching clump forming perennial with upright stems topped with heads of dainty white flowers in summer and large bronzy-chocolate spring and summer leaves. The flowers are very popular with butterflies and other native insects.
The handsome dark leaves make this plant spectacular when used as a back drop in flowering borders.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized to tall, clump forming, upright perennial.
- Height: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: An excellent, tough, late flowering plant for enticing insects, bees and butterflies into the garden. This plant is later into leaf and will not usually start to grow until approx late April or occasionally early May in cold winters.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Large (Tall), Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red