Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate'
(Snakeroot) Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' is an eye-catching clump forming perennial with upright stems topped with heads of dainty white flowers in summer and large bronzy-chocolate spring and summer leaves, turning dark purple-green as they age.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate' is an eye-catching clump forming perennial with upright stems topped with heads of dainty white flowers in summer and large bronzy-chocolate spring and summer leaves. The flowers are very popular with butterflies and other native insects.
The handsome dark leaves make this plant spectacular when used as a back drop in flowering borders.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized to tall, clump forming, upright perennial.
- Height: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: An excellent, tough, late flowering plant for enticing insects, bees and butterflies into the garden. This plant is later into leaf and will not usually start to grow until approx late April or occasionally early May in cold winters.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large (1.2m+), Herbaceous - Medium (0.6m - 1.2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowers in Autumn, Foliage - Purple/Red