Acer palmatum 'Koto No Ito'
(Japanese Maple) An eye-catching and slow growing maple with a delicate appearance, Acer palmatum 'Koto No Ito' has five or seven lobed leaves with the trailing individual lobes, long thin and narrow.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An exciting maple with a delicate appearance, Acer palmatum 'Koto No Ito' has five or seven lobed leaves with the trailing individual lobes, long thin and narrow. The summer leaves are apple green in colour, turning shades of bronze and golden yellow before falling in autumn.
Acer palmatum 'Koto No Ito' will grow slowly into a small or medium sized shrub over time and with the delicate leaves, really enjoys shelter from strong winds. Due to its very slow growing nature, this plant is very slow growing it is not for instant gratification.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Koto No Ito' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Koto No Ito' is very slow growing and not for instant gratification but over a long period of time will eventually grow to be a graceful small or medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, To grow in a pot