(Japanese Maple) A rare and sought after species of maple native to Japan with green, five lobed leaves in summer which turn vivid orange and red in the autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare and sought after species of maple native to Japan with green, five lobed leaves in summer which turn vivid orange and red in the autumn. Initially growing as a large shrub, it will eventually become a small, branching garden tree.
Acer micranthum is a very striking garden plant with a lovely habit and an excellent choice for glorious autumn colour. Established specimens can also have an eye-catching bark.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer micranthum eventually grows to be a small branching tree.
- Height: eventually 5 m (16 ft) / or up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / or up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot
You might also like