(Japanese Maple) A rare and sought after species of maple native to Japan with green, five lobed leaves in summer which turn vivid orange and red in the autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare and sought after species of maple native to Japan with green, five lobed leaves in summer which turn vivid orange and red in the autumn. Initially growing as a large shrub, it will eventually become a small, branching garden tree.
Acer micranthum is a very striking garden plant with a lovely habit and an excellent choice for glorious autumn colour. Established specimens can also have an eye-catching bark.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, slightly acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer micranthum eventually grows to be a small branching tree.
- Height: eventually 5 m (16 ft) / or up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / or up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot
- On sale!