Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy'
(Japanese Maple) A mound-shaped maple, Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy' has delicate, seven-lobed, reddish-purple leaves which turn red/scarlet in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A mound-shaped maple, Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy' has delicate, seven-lobed, reddish-purple leaves which turn red/scarlet in autumn. The leaves will darken to purplish-green if planted in a position with some shade.
The leaves compliment a very graceful habit to make Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy' a particularly elegant addition to a garden or large container!
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy' will produce its best display of foliage when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
You might also like