- Sold Out
Acer davidii 'Serpentine'
(Snakebark Maple) Acer davidii 'Serpentine' is a lovely small tree, with intricate silver lines on the bark once established which gradually snake around the trunk as it grows creating a ghostly effect.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
(Snakebark Maple) The intricate silver lines on the bark of Acer davidii 'Serpentine' gradually snake around the trunk as it grows creating a ghostly effect. The leaves are dark green and noticeably more narrow then those of a species Acer davidii.
The leaves turn rich yellow in a good autumn and are complimented by clusters of ruddy seeds on mature trees. A smaller tree than most other cultivars of snakebark maple, Acer davidii 'Serpentine' is a lovely plant for gardens with limited space and a fascinating addition to a winter garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Acer davidii 'Serpentine' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer davidii 'Serpentine' will grow to be a small branching tree.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / up to 3 m (10 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Colourful Bark or Stems
- On sale!
- On sale!