- On sale!
Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies'
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' has clear silvery-blue young leaves turning greenish-blue as they age and masses of delightful bell-shaped, pure-white flowers in early to mid summer.
An unusual and eye-catching garden plant, best suited to a garden with acid soil. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' can also be grown very successfully in a large container.
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. May require shelter from cold winter winds and protection in severe winter weather.
- Flowering Period: May
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' grows to be a small branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like