Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies'
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' has clear silvery-blue young leaves turning greenish-blue as they age and masses of delightful bell-shaped, pure-white flowers in early to mid summer.
An unusual and eye-catching garden plant, best suited to a garden with acid soil. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' can also be grown very successfully in a large container.
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. May require shelter from cold winter winds and protection in severe winter weather.
- Flowering Period: May
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' grows to be a small branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like