Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road'
(Indigofera) A new, small deciduous shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' has branches covered with upright spikes of pretty bright pink flowers in late spring or early summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A new, small deciduous shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' has branches covered with upright spikes of pretty bright pink flowers in late spring or early summer. The pinnate (feather-like) leaves are mid green, sometimes turning handsome shades of golden yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
An attractive small shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' is ideal for planting in a sunny border and can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' can suffer from some die back following a very cold winter, however it usually recovers well in the following year.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Bright pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small upright shrub spreading a little with age.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that until established, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' appear to be a little spindly and bare once they have lost their leaves in winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like