Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diable D'Or'
(Ninebark) A highly ornamental medium sized shrub, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diable D'Or' is tough and reliable with colourful coppery-red spring leaves which gradually darken to deep purple in summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A highly ornamental shrub, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diable D'Or' is tough and reliable with colourful coppery-red spring leaves which gradually darken to deep purple in summer. Clusters of pretty white flowers appear on the branches in summer and the leaves have attractive yellow/orange tints as they fall for autumn.
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diable D'Or' is a magnificent foliage plant which usually has its best display of colourful spring leaves in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp ground with good drainage (avoid waterlogged soil)
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diable D'Or' grows to be a medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub. Can be pruned to shape if required after flowering.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Foliage - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers