(Bush Clover) One of the best autumn flowering shrubs and native to parts of China and Japan, Lespedeza thunbergii has arching stems covered with light-green leaves, and sprays of vivid purple-red, pea-like flowers.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
One of the best autumn flowering shrubs and native to parts of China and Japan, Lespedeza thunbergii has arching stems covered with light-green leaves, and sprays of vivid purple-red, pea-like flowers. The flowers are very pretty and somewhat similar in appearance to those of a Wisteria.
A spectacular medium sized garden shrub!
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Lespedeza thunbergii should not be planted in areas prone to waterlogging.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Lespedeza thunbergii requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-red
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized branching shrub with an arching branches.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Prune to shape in spring before new growth emerges if required. Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will not replace a Lespedeza thunbergii which is damaged or killed by wet or cold winter weather.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer