Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem'
A lovely slow growing, small shrub with delicate fern-like foliage, Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' has young leaves, tinged with pink which gradually darken to green as they age.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A lovely slow growing, small shrub with delicate fern-like foliage, Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' has young leaves, tinged with pink which gradually darken to green as they age. Pretty, white flower plumes appear in summer on established plants.
A small, eye-catching garden shrub which can be grown well in a large container or pot.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' grows to be a small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Notes: The young leaves will produce their most vivid pink colour when Sorbaria sorbifolia 'Sem' is planted in a very sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!