(Water Oak) Quercus nigra is an unusual, medium sized, deciduous oak in the UK with irregular, glossy, dark green leaves in spring / summer which turn pleasing shades of yellow before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A native to North America, Quercus nigra is a deciduous oak in the UK, with irregular, glossy, dark green leaves in spring / summer which turn pleasing shades of yellow before falling. In warmer areas, the leaves can hold on until early winter before dropping from the tree.
A medium sized tree eventually once established, Quercus nigra is hardy but will generally grow best if planted in a sunny position with some shelter from strong wind.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized branching tree with a rounded, spreading crown once established.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Autumn Colour
You might also likeNew Price Each £25.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £9.95
Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
New Price Each £24.50
- On sale!