(Hop Tree) A very elegant hardy tree, Ptelea trifoliata has clusters of small yet heavily scented, yellow-green flowers in early summer once established.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A distinctive tree native to Southern Canada and the Eastern United States, Ptelea trifoliata has dark green, trifoliate leaves and clusters of small, yellow-green flowers in early summer. These flowers have a lovely honeysuckle-like fragrance and are followed by masses of curious elm-like fruit after a good warm summer.
Ptelea trifoliata is an unusual and eye-catching garden tree once established!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Ptelea trifoliata comes into leaf in late spring and is an ideal choice of tree for an area subject to severe late frosts.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, Rare and Unusual, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also likeNew Price Each £25.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £18.95
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £19.95