Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea'
(Golden-leaved Hop Tree) An eye-catching small tree, Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' has leaves which emerge a lime green colour in spring before turning golden-yellow in the summer.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An eye-catching small tree, Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' has leaves which emerge a lime green colour in spring before turning golden-yellow in the summer. These leaves fade back to pale green in the autumn time before falling.
This brightly coloured foliage makes an effective foil for purple-leaved or dark foliaged plants. Small yellowish-green flowers with a lovely honeysuckle-like fragrance adorn the branches in early summer.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish green
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' is eventually a very small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' comes into leaf in late spring and is an ideal choice of tree for an area subject to severe late frosts.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Scented, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Rare and Unusual