Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea'
(Golden-leaved Hop Tree) An eye-catching small tree, Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' has leaves which emerge a lime green colour in spring before turning golden-yellow in the summer.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An eye-catching small tree, Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' has leaves which emerge a lime green colour in spring before turning golden-yellow in the summer. These leaves fade back to pale green in the autumn time before falling.
This brightly coloured foliage makes an effective foil for purple-leaved or dark foliaged plants. Small yellowish-green flowers with a lovely honeysuckle-like fragrance adorn the branches in early summer.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish green
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' is eventually a very small branching tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Ptelea trifoliata 'Aurea' comes into leaf in late spring and is an ideal choice of tree for an area subject to severe late frosts.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Scented, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Rare and Unusual