Physocarpus opulifolius 'Sweet Cherry Tea'
(Ninebark) New to us, this is a compact small to medium sized decideous shrub with leaves that emerge bright orange-red in colour in spring, turning darker shades of purple-green in early summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, this is a compact small to medium sized decideous shrub with leaves that emerge bright orange-red in colour in spring, turning darker shades of purple-green in early summer. The leaves have orange and purple tints when they fall in autumn. Clusters of pretty pinkish-white flowers appear on the branches in summer.
Physocarpus opulifolius 'Sweet Cherry Tea' will usually have its best display of colourful spring leaves if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp ground with good drainage (avoid waterlogged soil)
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Physocarpus opulifolius 'Sweet Cherry Tea' grows to be a small to medium sized, compact shrub. Can be pruned to shape if required after flowering.
- Height: up to 1.2 - 1.5 (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Foliage - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers, Wildlife Friendly - Bees