Physocarpus opulifolius 'All Red'
(Ninebark) New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'All Red' is a slow growing, compact small or eventually medium sized deciduous shrub with dark purplish-red leaves and clusters of white flowers in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'All Red' is a slow growing, compact small or eventually medium sized deciduous shrub with dark purplish-red leaves and clusters of white flowers in summer. The leaves turn purple, bronze and orange as they fall in autumn.
Robust and hardy, best foliage colour and flower display will usually be seen when planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained soil (avoid waterlogged areas).
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Small to medium sized, compact shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot, Screening/Hedge