Panicum virgatum 'Warrior'
(Switch Grass) Panicum virgatum 'Warrior' is a clump forming perennial grass with upright vivid green leaves in late spring turning mid green later on in summer.
Panicum virgatum 'Warrior' is a clump forming perennial grass with upright vivid green leaves in late spring turning mid green later on in summer. Once established elegant, bronze-purple flower panicles appear above the leaves in late summer/early autumn. Good autumn colours.
Best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position with well drained soil.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Panicum virgatum 'Warrior' grows to be a medium sized to tall clump forming grass.
- Height: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Grass - Medium (1m - 2m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Foliage - Blue/Silver, Flowers in Summer, Autumn Colour