Physocarpus opulifolius 'Panther'
(Ninebark) New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Panther' grows to be a small to medium sized, deciduous shrub with striking dark purplish-black summer leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Panther' grows to be a small to medium sized, deciduous shrub with striking dark purplish-black summer leaves. Clusters of pinkish-white flowers stand out well against the dark leaves in summer. The leaves have purple and orange tints before falling in autumn.
Best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized rounded shrub with arching branches. Can be pruned to set height if required..
- Height: 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (4 - 6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers