(Virginia Creeper) A vigorous climbing plant, Parthenocissus quinquefolia has glossy, dark green summer leaves which turn vivid shades of red and purple before falling in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A vigorous climbing plant, Parthenocissus quinquefolia has glossy, dark green summer leaves which turn vivid shades of red and purple before falling in autumn.
Parthenocissus quinquefolia is an excellent climber for covering a wall, fence or old tree and the most vivid autumn colours will be seen when planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Parthenocissus quinquefolia grows to be a large self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (16 - 20 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Screening/Hedge
You might also like