Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red'
(Vine) A fantastic climber, Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red' has green leaves in summer which turn gorgeous shades of glowing red in autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A fantastic climber, Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red' has green leaves in summer which turn gorgeous shades of glowing red in autumn before falling. This is a vigorous climber, best in a position with some space to grow and a specimen in our woodland gardens has covered a young 20ft tall Pine tree after five or six years.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Vitis vinifera 'Spetchley Red' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Pruning should be carried out in winter when the plants are dormant if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also like