(Silver-vein Virginian creeper) Parthenocissus henryana is a beautiful, deciduous climber that was first discovered in central China in the mid 1880's by the famous plants man, Augustine Henry.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Beautiful, deciduous climber that was first discovered in central China in the mid 1880's by the famous plants man, Augustine Henry. Parthenocissus henryana has fetching, dark green leaves with conspicuous silvery-white veins. These leaves turn a glorious, bright red in the autumn before falling.
A handsome plant for growing up a north facing wall or over an old tree or building.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a large twining and self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Parthenocissus henryana self-clings but will require initial support until established.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft), Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Variegated
You might also likeNew Price Each £12.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £25.00
New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95