(Golden Rain Tree) Koelreuteria paniculata is a small and very ornamental tree with large clusters of bright yellow flowers in summer (in warmer areas) followed by bladder-like seed pods once established.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Koelreuteria paniculata is a small and very ornamental tree with large clusters of bright yellow flowers in summer (in warmer areas) followed by bladder-like seed pods once established. Requires a warm & sunny position for the best display of flowers.
The leaves are pinnate (feather-like) and dark green, turning good shades of apricot, yellow and orange before falling in autumn. Koelreuteria paniculata grows to be a handsome and unusual garden tree once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Koelreuteria paniculata eventually grows to be a small tree with a dome-shaped crown.
- Height: up to 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- Notes: Although hardy, Koelreuteria paniculata will grow best in a warm, sunny, sheltered garden. In cooler areas, this will be a smaller tree perhaps reaching a height of up to 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)