Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun'
(Golden Rain Tree) A rare tree, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' has fantastic, bright red new stems and leaves in spring, and retains the red leaf stalks into autumn
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare tree, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' has fantastic, bright red new stems and leaves in spring, and retains the red leaf stalks into autumn. The leaves are somewhat fern-like and turn a lush green as they mature in summer.
In a good, crisp autumn these leaves can also turn glorious shades of yellow and orange before falling. It also has large panicles of pretty, golden-yellow flowers in mid to late summer once established.
Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' is a flamboyant, small garden tree with excellent spring interest!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' grows to be a small tree a fairly narrow, upright habit.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: Although hardy, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Coral Sun' will grow best in a warm, sunny, sheltered garden. In cooler areas, this will be a smaller tree perhaps reaching a height of up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant, Ornamental Bark, Flowers in Summer